Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where My Brothers and Sisters At?

I read an article in game informer one day about the need to have new genres and inside those genres new heroes and villians. Its appeal to me was its idea of bringing in something fresh and unused by the masses. 

So with that Idea I bring up where are my brothers and sisters in any of these genres! I meanthe one or two games that come out w/ blacks as the protagonist are just that ONE or TWO! 

I sent a letter to the editor with a question of why can't we see more of black people in games aside from the sterotypical gnagster, athelete, or choice in create a player! Why couldn't Kratos have been black! Why couldn't the lead in gears be black in stead of a subordinate (Shout out to Terrible Terry Tate - You can't make a pass and pinch pablo's ass, those old school rules baby!) But I digress, I don't want to make this a "all developers are white so their racist or just imagining what they would like to see isssue" While those issues might be cause there not the only factor! Demographic research would show an even percentage of races that play almost every type of game genre! So Why aren't we represented more to make an equal play across the board! I mean in heavenly sword why couldn't the heroine be a Nigierian princess! Or have Dante or Nero be Black with no bald head or afro or crazy ass hairstyle that wesley snipes got from the demolition man.  

I'm jsut tired of always playing as a white/japanesse dude! I hope developers don't think this is some racist rant cause it isn't, its just equality trying to break thru! 

I will say this, were in the right step w/ Afro Samurai,......... we just need more of it!

No comments: